About a year and a half ago, a "note" was going around Facebook where you were supposed to list 25 random things about yourself. Since I've now started this blog, I think I'll repost here, plus or minus a few of the random things (NSFB is my own spin on NSFW, for those of you who know what that stands for. If you don't, www.urbandicationary.com is your friend). Also, the title of my blog is "tales from the back of a bike (and other random tidbits)." I have shared lots of tales but not many tidbits. Here goes:
1. I always have Coke Zero stocked in my fridge. I have to drink it over ice in a glass. I don't like fizzy drinks in cans-except beer.
2. I have a super-sensitive sense of smell. Sometimes fun, like in a bakery, sometimes dangerous, like in a bakery.
3. Close talkers annoy me. My mom is a close talker and I often have to tell her to step off(!), only nicer, I mean, she is my mom after all. What's a close talker? Watch and learn.
5. I can recite any line from the movie "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" along with the actors.
6. It gives me the heebiejeebies to touch or think about anyone touching my inner arm (opposite elbow area).
7. I like to organize people's DVDs into movies vs. TV shows and then alphabetical. For those of you whose DVDs I have organized this way, be warned that I just may stop by for an inspection when you least expect it.
9. I used to torment my little brother with the song "We Will Rock You". Not such a good idea today as he is now 6'5".
10. My "little" brother used to torment me with bacon grease yelling "grease, fat, bacon". Why this bothered me then, I have no idea, since "bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good". Come on, you must know what movie that's from! 10a. It's one of my faves. If you still don't know, check this out.
11. I collected (ok fine, collect, present tense) Beanie Babies and am waiting to cash them in for retirement.
12. I still sleep with a Smooshee. It is missing an ear, all its stuffing, and its face. (update: said Smooshee died and has been replaced with a new Smooshee from my 1990 collection). What's a Smooshee you ask? Awww yeah, there's a commercial.
13. I got kissed by a local in a discotheque in Florence, Italy when I was 16.
14. Florence, Italy is my favorite city.
15. I have my closet organized by short sleeve/long sleeve and then by color.
17. My parents once called the police on me when I was in high school. I came home at 3:30am to blue lights and a hysterical mother. But I had fun at laser tag. No judgment, it was 1994!
18. I recently discovered that I lisp when I drink too much. Well, I didn't so much discover it as my friends made fun of me for it. Apparently it'ths lotths of laughths.
20. I've never had a cavity (knock on wood).
21. I once smoked a whole pack of Marlboro Reds just to see what would happen. I got sick.
22. I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke. Reference #2 and #21. Strangely, cigar smoke doesn't bother me.
23. I was once in a commercial with my dog, Joey, for the Westminster Dog Show. I have the videotape, but no link. :(
24. I once drove my Honda 120 mph just to see if I could. I can. Foreshadowing of fast times to come??!! Hmmmm