Saturday, August 14, 2010

Badlands

Today (Thursday-in case I don't get a chance to post this tonight) we rode over 244 miles round trip to a place called Badlands. That was probably the hottest driest ride we've had so far. We stopped along the way at Scenic, SD at the Longhorn Saloon. Complete with a saw dust floor and an Indian that couldn't wait to tell us about his heritage (which I'm not sure was very accurate since he'd had quite a few Bud's and asked for five dollars for us to take his picture). Yes, those are cow heads (and the cell phone case in the way).




Then we kept on driving into Interior, SD to another whole in the wall saloon called Horseshoe. I must remember next time I go on a trip to bring my Sharpie. Just about every bar we've been in has writing on the wall. Luckily the bars have Sharpies for our use. Here is a pic of JABG that I wrote on a dollar bill that we taped up at the horseshoe. I really needed Diana's skills (and better lighting). Hopefully it turns out better than it looks on my phone.

Then we made it to the Badlands which was just awesome! Words can't describe the site from going from completely flat land to these mountains that used to be under water 300 million years ago. Here's a pic of Jim and me.


By the time we made it back to Sturgis it was dark and we had an awesome lightning show for entertainment. Luckily it was off in the distance and not at our campsite.

Now it's time to relax for another day of riding tomorrow (our last day).

- Posted from my iPhone

Location:Badlands, SD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails